Offered through The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company
General Account Universal Life policies can provide the amount of protection you need at the time you need it. By offering a high level of death benefit and premium flexibility, you can customize the policy to meet your specific objectives today. When those needs change, you can adjust the policy to ensure it continues to meet your needs in the future.
Key Policy Features:
- High level of premium & death benefit flexibility.
- Choice of increasing or level death benefit options.
- Underlying values are invested in Northwestern Mutual’s general account.
- Coverage for life may require additional premium payments.
- Cash values are not guaranteed; minimum interest crediting rate and maximum policy charges are guaranteed.
- Limited death benefit guarantee period for Northwestern Mutual Custom Universal Life-Protector and Northwestern Mutual Survivorship Universal Life.
- No death benefit guarantee for Northwestern Mutual Custom Universal Life-Accumulator.
When to Use:
- When you need premium and death benefit flexibility.
- When you want to benefit from the investment performance of Northwestern Mutual’s general account.
- When you want the opportunity to easily adjust the policy after issue.
Types of Policies Available:
- Northwestern Mutual Custom Universal Life-Accumulator: A general account universal life policy designed for death benefit protection and cash value accumulation. It offers a high level of death benefit and premium flexibility.
- Northwestern Mutual Custom Universal Life-Protector: A general account universal life policy designed to meet long-term death benefit needs. It offers a high level of death benefit and premium flexibility.
- Northwestern Mutual Survivorship Universal Life: A general account universal life policy on the lives of two insureds, paying a death benefit at the second death. It offers a high level of death benefit and premium flexibility.
*Guarantees are based on the claims-paying ability of Northwestern Mutual.